Sunday, December 16, 2007

Books and random things

Tagged by CT :-)


#1 Book meme (my fav!)


One book that changed your life:
My Life With the Saints by James Martin S.J.
I kind of read a bit of it when CT wasn't looking, thinking I wasn't going to bother with it after that. It turned out to be so good, that she just let me read the rest of it. Thenceforth, saint's books have never been the same; in fact I appreciate them more!



One book that you’ve read more than once:
Lord of the Rings by (you know :-D ) J. R. R. Tolkien.
Almost once a year since I was nine.



One book you’d want on a desert island:
Ummm...I don't think I'd ever be on a desert island...
...but the same as everyone, The Holy Bible.



One book that made you laugh:
The Story of a Soul by Saint Therese.
She and her family remind me of ours sometimes.



One book that made you cry:
Um....well, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee almost did.


One book that you wish had been written:
The ones me and my friends haven't yet written.



One book that you wish had never been written:
Whichever one is the worst



One book you’re currently reading:
Just one? Ok, The Story of a Soul.
That's terrible, I'm still not done reading it. (The book isn't not the one terrible, me not being done with it is)
I guess, though, it's better to read some books more slowly than others. :-)



One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The rest of the good books yet to be explored!...oh wait, just one?
Ok, The Interior Castle by Saint Teresa





#2 Eight Random Facts meme



List 8 random facts about yourself, then tag 8 others.



1. I've actually met (in person) 8 other bloggers.



2. I can cross stitch without getting cross eyed.



3. CT and I once made a parody of "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" It was about dreaming of a big pizza. :-D We couldn't help it....we were hungry...and it happened to be Christmastime...



4. I (and the Mom and Dad and CT) used to live a block away from Disneyland.



5. Puzzles are fun, especially the 1000 piece ones.



6. I wanted to call Lilo and Stitch the names Mango and Blueberry. It would've fit too. :-)



7. I don't find classical music boring.



8. To practice writing Latin sentences, I make a storyboard out of stick people saying stuff in Latin.



ummmmm.....

8 people who want to do either one, go right ahead. :-D

(i know...that's cheating, but everyone else has done this already.)

2 comments:

Otakuboy said...

I haven't done this. It looks fun. I'll write mine right now.

Pueo said...

I'm putting mine up!