Sunday, December 2, 2007

Advent


Happy New Liturgical Year!


There are four main parts of Saint Therese's Little Way and four weeks (well, mostly) of Advent. Hopefully the posts match the readings of the Sunday...but here goes...


Confidence


It is not fitting, when one is in God's service, to have a gloomy face or a chilling look.
-Saint. Francis of Assisi

If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God so as to teach these peoples; even though some of them still look down on me.
-Saint Patrick

My hope is in Christ, who strengthens the weakest by His Divine help. I can do all in Him who strengthens me. His Power is infinite, and if I lean on him, it will be mine. His Wisdom is infinite, and if I look to Him for counsel, I shall not be deceived. His Goodness is infinite, and if my trust is stayed in Him, I shall not be abandoned.
-Pope Saint Pius X

For one pain endured with joy, we shall love the good God more forever.
-Saint Therese

I am not capable of doing big things, but I want to do everything, even the smallest things, for the greater glory of God.
-Saint Dominic Savio

To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
-Saint Teresa of Avila

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
-Saint. Jerome



Quotes found here

and here

...and here too

Thanks to Aunty Esther for the picture!

4 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

As I am off to work shortly, I just want to say that I appreciate your quotes. They are really uplifting and have already brightened my day!!! Thanks...Have a Grand Day!

Cy said...

You're welcome, and thank you for visiting!
A joyful and grand day to you also!
:-D

EC Gefroh said...

Good morning Cy. I corrected the code so it doesn't look so squished together ;-)
Aunty Esther

Maryellen said...

Thank you Cyrene for the beautiful quotes and for the links. They truly make me pause and reflect.