Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pictures and quotes

Music is expressing what cannot be expressed with all the words in the world.-Anonomous









When a friend calls to me from the road And slows his horse to a meaning walk, I don't stand still and look around On all the hills I haven't hoed, And shout from where I am, What is it? No, not as there is a time to talk. I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall, And plod: I go up to the stone wall For a friendly visit.
-Robert Frost




Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."-C.S. Lewis








Business, you know, may bring money, but friendship hardly ever does.
-Jane Austen






But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine.
-Thomas Jefferson







A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
-Tenneva Jordan






The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.
-Thomas Jefferson


Quotes can be found on Wikiquote
Pictures by yours truly :-)

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Very nice post. Happy Thanksgiving Cy!

Easter Almuena said...

I love the added colors!