Friday, November 9, 2007

Quotes


I should have posted this last week!
Quotes and pic found on Patron Saint's Index and Wikiquote


He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
–Saint Francis of Assisi

If I am not [(in the state of grace)], may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me.
–Saint Joan of Arc

What is more, let anyone laugh and taunt if he so wishes. I am not keeping silent, nor am I hiding the signs and wonders that were shown to me by the Lord many years before they happened, [he] who knew everything, even before the beginning of time.
–Saint Patrick

It is love alone that gives worth to all things.
–Saint Teresa of Avila

Walk in the way of the Lord with simplicity and do not torment your spirit. You must hate your defects, but with a quiet hate, not troublesome and restless.
–Padre Pio

Music is the exaltation of the mind derived from things eternal, bursting forth in sound.
–Saint Thomas Aquinas

Apart from the cross there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven.
–Saint Rose of Lima

Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity.
–Saint Therese of Liseux

Go forth in peace, for you have followed the good road. Go forth without fear, for he who created you has made you holy, has always protected you, and loves you as a mother. Blessed be you, my God, for having created me.
–Saint Clare of Assisi

1 comment:

Yoyo said...

Hey thank for your comment.