Monday, May 24, 2010

Alternative, Positive, Awesum!

Found this over on the Air1 blog! Air1, by the way, is a great Christian radio station that we listen to. Not only do they play the latest Christian hits, but it's a good station to listen to for daily pick-me-ups if you're down. Second to Mass, of course. ^_^
Anyway, I can relate to this artist:

Here is a letter from Adam of Owl City about his faith in Jesus Christ and how it leads his life:


My name is Adam and music is something that is fused to who I am. It allows me to breathe deeply, it lets me feel, imagine, aspire and dream in the most beautiful ways imaginable. Music is something that I can't imagine living without, and though it means more to me than the world itself, there is something that weighs significantly heavier on the scale of all things valuable and important in my life, that being my relationship with Jesus Christ.

I am an artist, that's what I do. Creating art has been my dream since elementary school, it's the only thing I'm good at and looking back on the years, I am left breathless, completely and utterly bereft of speech at how the Lord has chosen to use music in my life and what I do as Owl City to plant seeds, spread light like fire in an age where darkness feels more oppressive than ever, and ultimately, to glorify Him. I am endlessly honored and humbled that He should use me -- a completely average, ordinary shy boy from the middle of nowhere, to do great things in order to further His kingdom.

I'll be the first to say I have a timid personality and I'm not a great conversationalist, nor very confident in social situations, but one thing I've never wanted to be shy about is the reason behind why I do what I do, why I create art, why I dream and imagine. That reason is my faith in a God more powerful and omnipotent and full of love for us than words can even begin to describe.


...and no, I can't resist putting up one of my current favorite songs!!


So, invisible friend, do you live in Hawaii? You can find the Air1 station at 103.5! Or you can listen online...or you could download the app...

No comments: