Sunday, July 20, 2008

WYDH 2008


As it says in CT's blog, we attended a WYDH retreat at the Diocesan Center here! Haha, no computers so I've got some catching up to do...but it was well beyond worth it!! Youth from various parts of the diocese came by plane just to attend it; they had given up their weekend for something greater. Of course, it was tremendous fun too! :-)
Over the course of three days we had Stations of the Cross, we prayed all four mysteries of the Rosary, catechesis, all night Adoration, Confession, and Mass this morning. With the musicians leading the melody, there was never a dull moment.
Since many of us here cannot afford to travel to Australia, we were very blessed to have this opportunity.



(whoops, dinner time...)
My favorite part of the activities shown on EWTN was the Stations of the Cross.
Click here to watch it!
...and I hope the link works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post. The link works. If you want, you might also include the 300k link for those who have fast connections (but the 100k link looks pretty good at original size).

I saw all of EWTN's televised events from WYD; I was impressed by all of them, and really wished I could have been there.

To be able to witness (via TV) the Stations of the Cross was great, but my favorite event was the Holy Mass and Dedication of the Altar at St. Mary's Cathedral -- such a wonderfully solemn Mass.

I also really enjoyed the commentary provided by Fr. Mark, and by Jason & Crystalina Evert, as well as by everybody else at EWTN.

Oh, and by the way, I hope you'll write more about the local retreat!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Retreats at any time can be so physically and faithfully invigorating. So glad you had a wonderful experience! Cathy

EC Gefroh said...

I can just begin to imagine all the graces that God bestowed on all the youth who attended the WYDH, not to mention the WYD down under.

Aunty E.