Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Stormy Seas



One of my favorite songs by Casting Crowns (and not just because of the piano or violin :-D )
It seems to go well with today’s reading (so that’s my excuse for posting it!)

There’s no avoiding storms in open sea. Saint Therese went through many storms. So did Saint Paul (he was stoned, shipwrecked, and imprisoned!) So what do we do when a storm arrives? Father Jerry gave a great homily today. Keep Jesus as the foundation and center of your life. For any state in life, God must be the in the center. The world has changed over the centuries and has turned a few cartwheels, but God is still here…and that will never change.

2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

An awesome reminder of God and his mercy and praying that those who have suffered most recently for those storms and floods will find solace in the love and stead fastness of our God!! Thank you!! Cathy

Oh!!! I nearly forgot! Tag!!! You/re it...you can never do toooo many MEMEs

EC Gefroh said...

Wonderful Cy! I remember Fr. Jerry from confession last year. Can you please give your dear mom a message for me. I had the privilege of speaking to Fr. Jerry the other day. He will be celebrating the Masses I had asked your DM to help me with. Please tell her I appreciated her offer to help.

Mahalo!
Aunty E.