Wow. Amazing what a week of absence does...
K, first meme is another book one! Thanks Aunty Esther! (sorry it's taken so long!!)
1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?
The Little Flowers of Saint Francis
Is this cheating somewhat? It was finished two days ago...(couldn't remember what else was read) Will tell why on a later post
2. What is one of your favorite childhood books?
Matilda or The Witches
both by Roald Dahl
Most likely because my Dad introduced them
3. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible?
No, not yet...
4. What is one book you could read again and again?
This question pops up a lot!
Anwering differently now: Matilda
5. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?
My Life With the Saints
by James Martin SJ
It's fun and funny
And because we all love bonus questions, if you were going to publish a book what would it be? Who would you want to write the jacket cover blurb expounding on your talent?
If it's short stories, CT
If it's a fantasy novel, Pueo
Book meme #2, and tagged by Kaila! Thank you!!
Book Meme Rules
1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
The Story of a Soul
"I myself found only one which filled me with delight, Our Lady of Victories! Ah! what I felt kneeling at her feet cannot be expressed. The grace she granted me so moved me that my hapiness found expression only in tears, just as on the day of my First Communion."
And the last one is a Lent Meme! Thanks again Aunty Esther!
1. What’s been your best Lenten-effort-idea ever?
Same as Aunty Esther's, no normal book reading
2. And your worst?
Almost the same here too..
Trying to give up computer altogether
CT and I spent a lot of time on it, but the only places we go are Catholic blogs
So you see why it wasn't a very good one :-)
We learn much from reading all of the blogs!
3. What Lenten advice would you share?
sorry, not much of an advice giver
4. And what will feature this year?
We haven't done a family Lenten meeting/discussion yet so can't really answer this one...
...And haven't tagged anyone yet!
but everyone's probably done them so if you'd like to be it, go right ahead!