Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random thoughts...or are they?

“What is the best lesson a music teacher can give to a student? It is not teaching him to read notes, nor how to play well. Rather, the best lesson is that which gives the student a love for music.” ~Anon.

“I know some say, let us have good laws, and no matter for the men that execute them: but let them consider, that though good laws do well, good men do better.” ~William Penn

“If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.”
~Saint Paul (1 Cor 13:1-3)


Sometimes, we get so focused on the superficial shell of what we were doing that we forget the heart of why we were doing that thing in the first place. It’s like a birthday cake. Sure, outside it can be the fanciest cake the world has seen; but if it tastes like sand, your little birthday boy isn’t going to care about how cool it looks.
Let's not forget the Heart of the entire matter: God.

No comments: